Thursday, October 2, 2008

Back to the grind and shower details



My vacation is over and it's back to work and the day to day grind. Don't get me wrong. I really do enjoy working, but that doggone getting up in the morning just kills me. Anyhow, the shower for Lissy took place over the weekend, with a great turn out. It was so good to see family that I haven't seen for a while. There was several things that I did not get done, that I wanted to, but that is just par for the course, I guess. Next date is the wedding in November.


The food was good and she and Chad got lots of nice things. Carrie chose a candy corn theme for the shower with candy corn/nut mix for the favors. My centerpiece was candy corn filled glass pillars with candles. I must have taken the picture before I tied on the raffia. I think I will leave them for Halloween, but I must admit to a missing candy corn or two. For those of you who were here, I want to share the punch recipe with you. The sherbert ring was done in candy corn colors. Unfortunately my ring mold wouldn't fit into the punch bowl, so I had to pinch hit and use a butter dish mold. I looked briefly for a smaller mold, but couldn't find anything at Target. The cake was a hit, as I thought it would be - yea Costco.... and thank God it is gone now. I am including a picture of it for those not there, but really it was the taste that was outstanding.

1 comment:

Everything Lissy said...

Thanks Mom for the shower!!