Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Tea time




I got some loose tea at the farm market on Saturday. I love Earl Gray tea and although I usually use a tea bag, loose tea is a fun little diversion from the routine. So on Sunday, I decided to fix myself a cup of tea, using my loose tea and my tea ball, to drink while I read the newspaper. There is something peaceful and basic about brewing fresh tea. It is one of those things that women (and men) have done for centuries. Also, being a descendant of Welsh heritage, tea is a really big part of that lifestyle, from peasants to royalty. So I have a little bit of a renewal of spirit with every cup of tea, and brewed tea just enhances the feeling.




I would really love to drink some of the other teas, but I just cannnot get past Earl Gray, but with winter getting closer, I will drink more tea and may try some different ones. Funny, but I don't really care for iced tea. Also, for those mystery readers, there is a little tea shop series of mystery books. I need to find out who the author is, but will let you know. I have read several of them and they are nice quick little reads.


One more little item. I am practicing for the reception centerpieces and wanted to share just a teaser. The picture I am adding does not show exactly how they will look, but I wanted to see how they look and how the flowers hold up. Overall, I am quite pleased. But I must warn that the final result will be much nicer. I am also shopping for my dress. Busy times!!!


1 comment:

Carrie said...

The centerpiece looks pretty. What are you going to do different for the wedding?