Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pretzel Day

Yum, Yum, the final product


Couldn't wait long to try one and look at that luscious inside!!



I have been anxiously waiting to make the pretzels from the mix that I bought last weekend at Freemans farm market. Yesterday got away from me, because I was out shopping for a dress for Melissa's wedding. Unfortunately I really didn't have much luck, but I have the day off tomorrow, with a list of places to check out. I do have one that is online, that I like a lot. I am going to go ahead and order it tomorrow, whether I find something or not, so that I can have a choice or in case the one being ordered is not what it appears to be. That way, I can return one or the other. Anyhow that is a whole other story, so back to the pretzels. I decided to make the pretzels today, so after church and some quick errands, I settled into the kitchen to enjoy my little pretzel making adventure. It really was quite easy and the pretzels were wonderful. For those of you familiar with JoJo's pretzels in Northern Indiana (JoJo's is a step (or two) above Auntie Anns pretzels.), mine turned out nearly as good as JoJo's. I was actually quite impressed with myself. The kit made 10 pretzels and I put salt on 8 of them and parmesan cheese on two of them. I haven't tried one of those yet, so we will see how they taste. I took pictures, so that you could see how fun and easy it was. Leon and I each had one as soon as they were out of the oven and the rest are for later tonight and tomorrow.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

The look good- Just can't let go of Jo Jo's, can you?

Kim Haring said...

You are so impressive! How do you find the time to do all these things? The pretzels look very professional. And your blog is gorgeous. You have a knack.