Sunday, October 5, 2008

My 'Goodreads' review

I finished my first book since joining Goodreads and thought I would share with you. They are so kind as to give the HTML to add reviews to a blog. So I will probably continue to do this. Kinda Fun!!! I love this site.




The Friday Night Knitting Club The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs




My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
I picked this one up at Target because it was about knitting and I am currently into knitting as well. I also have a fondness for fluffy little books about women friends. When I first started it, I felt the writing could have been better. Some sentences I had to read twice, to understand. The characters kept me interested, however, and the book gained some 'meat' towards the end. There were some life issues dealt with that impact many women and the author did a pretty good job of addressing them. The end was unexpected, which always ups a books rating, for me. I wavered between three and four stars, but decided on 3 due to the rather awkward writing at times. But I liked it.


View all my reviews.

No comments: