Monday, September 22, 2008

My first yoyo!



It is my first official day of vacation and I have gotten a thing or two accomplished. I am keeping a list for everyday. Today, so far, I tested a recipe for the shower, ran some errands and worked on my sewing machine making the arm pads for my rocking chair. Those are all things that I needed to get done. Tomorrow is library day and Wednesday is lunch with a friend.


I also made a yoyo, for the first time. This I did for me. I had seem some cute ideas of uses for yoyos. One blog that I saw showed a yoyo making disc. So while I was out doing errands, I picked one up. Now, I realize that women have been making yoyos for years, without the benefit of a yoyo disc, however I work full time and this is simply for my enjoyment, so I refuse to feel guilty. It is much more fun, when it goes quickly. Now the discs are a bit pricey ($5.50 for this smallest one- about a nickel's worth of plastic), but come on, it is my vacation!!! and look how much money I am saving by staying home!?! This is the smallest one and there are several more in graduated sizes - even a heart shaped one. Fun times!!! Actually, it takes very little to entertain me.

I sewed a tiny heart shaped button on it and will be putting it on a hair tie for my Abby. Actually I might make one for my little neice, Carol, although she is getting a bit older, so I'm not sure if it is "cool" enough. I also thought I could use them to decorate the purses/bags that I am going to make once I get everything else done.

No comments: