Monday, September 1, 2008

Good news for Leon

*picture from Flickr
Well, this is an 'attaboy" blog for the Leon. He has been at his job for three months now, but that is not the good news. He has already posted for a new position there and been hired in that position. He was working in the copy/mail room and a little bit on the bored side, with not much to do. Well, it so happens that a position recently came up in the docketing area. Unsure as to whether they would even interview him for it, so soon after being hired, he began to make subtle inquiries. As he spoke with the manager of the area, who was actually the person he replaced when he was first hired, he was told that he could certainly apply and interview. So the jump from copy room to docketing (as demonstrated by the manager) is well precedented (maybe I should see if they need someone to help with their legalese, ha?!?!?). Anyhow, long story short, he interviewed and got the job. So my question was, "What will you be doing?".. I think some of that remains to be seen, but as best I can tell docketing has to do with records and court scheduling, for the attorneys. Now he will be a cube animal like the rest of us, but I think he is pretty happy about it and therefore, so am I. Again, we have much to be thankful for!!! Congratulations Leon... I am very proud of you!!!!

No comments: