Thursday, September 4, 2008

Anatomy of an "apple pie"






Well, fall must be coming, because Leon asked me to make him an apple pie. He loves apple pie and so I make him a sugar free variety. So when we were coming home from church on Sunday, I mentioned that I was sort of in the mood to cook something that day, but didn't know what to make. I guess I should explain that we don't necessarily cook every day. We just sort of put things together when we are hungry or cook every other day or so. But I like to fix something new or from a new recipe sometimes on the weekend. Well, needless to say, my comment that I didn't know what to make, did not go unnoticed by Leon. So while he and Lissy did some wedding errands, I got busy and made a sugar free apple pie. They are really very easy and I use Nutra Sweet as the sweetener. Okay, don't tell Leon, but I did sneak in just a tad of brown sugar for flavor!! The crust was not my usual recipe and so it was really really ugly, although I have done really well with my own crust lately. It kept tearing apart and crumbling like crazy. It was good, but ugly. I tended to avoid taking pictures of the crust, except for the last one of the last piece of pie.

No comments: