Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Take me out to the ballgame!!




Another fun activity that we had this weekend, and really the reason that we went to Indianapolis in the first place, was to go to a baseball game at the ball park. We had made plans to meet J & P there, since we haven't seen them in forever. I am using initials, because I didn't ask permission to use their names and don't want to do so without their permission. Anyhow, it was a beautiful evening, the weather was wonderful and our seats were right behind home plate. Now I will admit that for me, the atmosphere is what gives me pleasure, almost more than the game itself. I truly do have a hard time keeping my attention on what is going on, on the field. I am more interested in talking, people watching and of course eating good old baseball park food. This time I was able to add Abby watching to my list. This was her first baseball game and the most important thing for her (and Carrie) was the cotton candy. There was genuine concern and threatening tears when the cotton candy hawker kept selling his candy one section over and it looked as though he wouldn't get to us. But we were persistent and he was very good to save us one. We had a great time and it was great to see you, J & P.


By the way, I think we lost..... but I'm not sure.

After the game, we made our way back toward the parking garage. We decided to stop and wait a while on the canal for traffic to thin and for the garage to clear out. The canal in Indianapolis is really beautiful and the lighting at night just sets it off in such a beautiful way. Leon took this picture for me . I want to get back over and do a whole series of shots. The canal has such beautiful spots along it, and night shots are absolutely stunning.

No comments: