Sunday, August 3, 2008

Bridal Shower

THE GIFTS


THE BRIDE AND THE FLOWER GIRL





Well, we went to the first shower yesterday, given by Chad's sister, aunts and his mothers friend. It was just outside Cleveland, and Carrie, Lissy, Abby and I made the trip. We told Abby that it was girls day and we would just have girls' fun. She turned out to be the belle of the ball and was just the most perfect little lady!! Well, there was that time where she put her dress over her head, but hey, sometimes you just have to have a little levity. The shower was very, very nice and we had a great time. It was mainly for his side of the family and since I was mother of the bride; and Carrie and Abby are in the wedding party, we were invited as well. I got to meet Chad's grandmother, sister, aunt and other assorted friends of the family and they were all very nice. Lissy and Chad got some very nice gifts and are having fun looking them all over and deciding where to put them in that "miniscule" condo. They will have to get something bigger, before much longer, I am afraid. Once the airline industry settles down and they are safe and secure jobwise, I'm sure that will become a priority. Of course, I have pictures to share and just want to mention how beautiful the cake was. The other thing that was absolutely ooh'd and aah'd over was the M&M favors. They had pictures of the happy couple on M&M's. I had certainly heard of personalized M&M's, but didn't know you could have pictures put on them. I think I got a pretty good shot and you should be able to see how cute they are.


THE CAKE







Another shower favor - with 2 chocolate hearts in it.


No comments: