Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Lists, lists, lists!!!!

Credits to the talented photographers posting on Flickr for the attached photographs.







First let me qualify the following blog. I appreciate the fact that the nutrition research industry is proactive in giving consumers great information about what to eat and what not to eat. I personally try to eat things that are good for me (unfortunately I also tend to eat things not good for me too). I get it all - the antioxidants, the vitamins, and all the other components of good nutrition. However, have you ever seen so many lists of what you should eat. Let me give you a little idea of what shows up just in a couple of normal everyday reading and television sources.... (big breath!) you got your power food list.... you got your anti-aging food list... you got your super food list.... you got your brain food list... you got your weight control food list.... you got your sexual health food list... you got your anti stress, anti fatigue, anti cancer, anti heart disease, anti stroke and anti everything else food list.

The one that has recently caught my interest is the anti-aging food list. It has five foods on it. Anti-aging? seems like a no-brainer!!! The five foods are:
1.) SPINACH (yuck... I can eat this one if it is mixed with something else - but not straight). Love spinach dip, Eggs florentine, etc.
2.) CURRY - this is one that Leon actually likes to use in his cooking. I can take it or leave it. It is in a lot of Indian foods. I will have to do some research as to how I can use this more, because God knows I don't want to get old.
3.) TOMATOES - this is one of those foods that I don't really care for, but can eat in certain presentations. I like salsa, tomatoes in certain salads, etc.
4.) ALMONDS - I could be in trouble here. I never have eaten a lot of almonds, or nuts in general. Guess I better get with it.
5.) CHOCOLATE - Well, it is about time!! There is something I like on this list. Seems like this should have been number 1 - Oh yeah, it needs to be dark chocolate.

Make sure that you check the recalls on these foods before eating. Two of the five have been recalled for either salmonella or e-coli in the past couple of years. That could definitely keep you from getting old.

No comments: