Friday, July 25, 2008

First Sweater Ever















I have now completed my very first ever knitted sweater, or for that matter, first sweater period, knitted or crocheted. Of course, it is for the light of my life, Miss Abigail Grace. I am ready to tackle another one soon. I love the pattern. There are mistakes, but I decided to just blunder through and get it done and then do another one. I am really very happy with it, but as is the case with me, I do have some things I will do different next time.

I especially love the eyelet feature on the yoke and it was really very easy to do. The yarn is very light and I think that the next one will be a heavier yarn, just for comparison sake. This one will be nice for summer, but a heavier one will be better for fall and winter. Plus I think I will do a really bright color next time.