Wednesday, July 2, 2008

More quilt pictures

I am a little behind on my 'post a day' goal. Feeling a bit under the weather today, but soldiering on. It is vacation, after all. Leon will be off tomorrow and Friday. I thought that I would share a few more of the pictures I took at the quilt show. These are detail shots of the quilt that I am quite sure I am getting for my birthday. If you look back at the snow quilt with the black and white border, the inside is filled with embroidered snow scenes. Here are the close ups of those scenes. They really are quite delightful. My personal favorite is Mrs. Snow Mom hanging the candy canes up to dry. As I mentioned before, Katie and Peggy really sort of 'found' this one and the more I see it, the more I like it. It really is darling. They have great taste!!!


Snow birds!!!

Snow Sledding!!!

Hanging out the snow laundry (candy canes)!!

Making snow angels!!!!

The inevitable snowball fight!!!

The top of the quilt with caroling and pine tree - Winter wonderland!!!

I will just say here that you really had to see this quilt to appreciate, but hope this gives you all an idea of how cool it was. I should reprint this one in December. I will have to see if I can. I think I will have to get back into embroidery, too. Will someone please get me some help!! I think I am addicted to crafts - I need a 12 step group, again!! An intervention might be in order, maybe we could all get together and do a craft too, while we are at it.

No comments: