Monday, June 30, 2008

Hydrangea Heaven and Happy Anniversary!!!




It is the first day of my vacation and as I woke up this morning, I managed to squint at the clock rado. It said 9:18- Yahoo!!! I got up, read the paper, checked my e-mail, ran the vacuum and got ready to run some errands. One of my e-mails was an invitation to join Ravelry.com. I am so excited. It is the neatest web site where you can document and share your knit and crochet projects. They are taking on members slowly until they are up to speed and then will open up to everyone. The couple running the site were here in Columbus recently for a needlework convention and there was a big writeup in the Columbus Dispatch. (okay, maybe it was medium sized). Anyhow, I am pretty psyched to get going on it and have already got a few things done on it. In order to post pictures on it, I have to first post them on Flickr. This too is temporary until they get the web site more flexible. Anyhow, I was already a member, but only used it to see Abby's picture and had never uploaded any pictures. So I worked on that for quite a while. Now I am posting here, so I have spent a lot of time on the computer today.

The reason for my post today is to share pictures of the hydrangeas in Carrie's yard. They are absolutely gorgeous and I love white flowers. They are so pretty in a night garden. I think I should get some this summer. I need to do a bit of research, but have done some already. They bloom all year and the soil is what determines the color. If you add aluminum to the soil, they will turn blue. My information comes from Hydrangeas! Hydrangeas! I believe that Carrie's hydrangeas are the Annabelle variety. That is fun because that was Leon's mom's name, and the girls' grandma.
Happy Anniversary Carrie and Matt. I know that your special day gets upstaged by the princess, but we love you and are so proud of both of you. You are a very special couple.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I feel all honored that you love my flowers so much. I don't do much to them and they come back every year. They are very low maintenance.

Matt and I had a great anniversary. 7 years!!