Monday, March 31, 2008

Cre·a·tiv·i·ty

Here I am, home again, on my (hopefully) last day off sick with bronchitis. My hope is to go to work tomorrow, with a more healthy body and more positive attitude. I still anticipate a rough morning, since the mornings have hit me like a ton of bricks and then I start feeling better in the afternoons. So I may go in a bit late in order to get some of that behind me, before I have to focus and concentrate on my work.
'''cre·a·tiv·i·ty /ˌkrieɪˈtɪvɪti, ˌkriə-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kree-ey-tiv-i-tee, kree-uh-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1.
the state or quality of being creative.
2.
the ability to transcend traditional ideas, rules, patterns, relationships, or the like, and to create meaningful new ideas, forms, methods, interpretations, etc.; originality, progressiveness, or imagination: the need for creativity in modern industry; creativity in the performing arts.
3.
the process by which one utilizes creative ability: Extensive reading stimulated his creativity.
[Origin: 1870–75;
creative + -ity]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.'''

Anyhow, in my bit of laying around taking it easy, I have done a lot of blog surfing, in the creative arts blogs, i.e. papercrafts, quilting, knitting, photograph and fine arts (even cooking). I used to think I had a bit of creativity in my bones, but after seeing the absolutely incredibly creative work out there on the web, I am humbled by my little speck of creativity. I am absolutely envious of the projects and work of the people posting. Even the ones that I do not personally prefer show such great talent and versatility, that it puts me to shame. But it also inspires me to do more to increase my abilities. I love the arts and our world would be so bland and unliveable without it. I love creating a project and being inspired by others. So my goal is to do more of it and add it to my blog. One quilting project that I have done, although it has been some time since I did it, is the first picture I am adding to my newly inspired blog. This was actually a pattern, but it was such a joy to put together and I am so proud of it. It hangs in my foyer.

No comments: