Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Voting day in Ohio


Well, I just got home from voting, which I must admit is generally outside my normal pattern of behavior, however, I have voted in the last two primaries and presidential elections. I really do have issues with the whole voting process, from the electoral college to the candidates saying whatever they have to, to get where they want to be. With that said, I will say that although I am not a political animal, I have tried to be a bit more in the know and although the corruption is rampant, hope to support those people most likely to impact our country in a positive way. Want to know how I voted???? Not telling!!!! But above you will see my sticker proving I voted.
The last few days have been full. Pshew!!!! Busy,busy, busy.
First of all - happy news. Leon is now working. He has secured a temp-to-hire position running high speed copy machines at Ohio Wesleyan University in Delaware, OH, just 10 miles north of our home. There are many positives to this position. If he is hired, and he has received conflicting signals on that count, the pay will increase and benefits are good. It was founded as a United Methodist university, although I am not sure what their theology, if any, is now. He will be able to take classes free to finish up his degree, which he has always wanted to do. We are blessed. The job is 3 months and then we will see what happens.
We officially joined our church on Sunday, along with Melissa and Chad. We have been attending there for about 7 years and have never taken the plunge. I actually had reasons for holding off, but the church is attempting to address those issues. Secondly, sometimes you just have to be part of the solution and I have decided to attempt to do that. The wedding will be there, as well.

I have been on vacation yesterday and today, mainly because Leon and I had a hearing to attend today. For those who are in the know, it turned out fine, although I was very nervous. Tomorrow it is back to work, which is a good thing. I really do like my job. Sometimes it gets a bit stressful, but when that happens, I am able to take a couple of days off to re-charge. It is nice to build up some time.

No comments: