Friday, March 7, 2008

We're having a blizzard. The snow is coming down and it looks like we won't be getting out for a couple of days. Work sent us home at 2:30. The worst is still to come according to the news reports. It is supposed to get really bad over night and tomorrow with a possible storm total of 16 inches. Wow! Pretty amazing for this area! I will post a picture tomorrow!


Happy Birthday, Dad
Today is my fathers birthday, so I always spend some time thinking about him, on this day each year. He has been gone for over 20 years now. He was a member of "the greatest generation" (as in the Tom Brokaw book). He was very much a member of that generation in values, ethics and so many other ways. He was a proud american, strong work ethic, proud veteran, committed to God and family. He had many trials and tribulations in his life and I wish his life had been easier. I must admit that when he died, there was a part of me that was glad he would now be at peace. And one thing that I can always say, despite all the dysfunction and problems that I have been through, is that he loved me and I believe that it helped me to live a good life. On many levels, I really do owe him my life. "I miss you, Dad, and if I had it to do over, I would love you better!! Thank you for all that you have done for me".

Molly, our dog, is in the hospital and it doesn't look good.. but I can't write about it right now. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: