Saturday, March 1, 2008

Bridal gown shopping


Well, my last baby is getting married. Ahhh the memories!!! Anyhow, this weekend Melissa, Carrie and I went wedding gown shopping. Carrie came from Indianpolis for the event and it was girls only for the day. The only negative was that the future bride has been sick and was still pretty much under the weather. But being the shoppers that we are, we forged on. We had appointments at two shops and took the entire two hours at each shop with lunch in between. She tried on numerous gowns probably 20, at least and came up with 2 possibles. I think we will look again when she is feeling better and to go to another place or two. She also wants to check out Cincinnati, where there is apparently a bridal district.


Enough of the logistics, now a bit of the reflection. What a big decision to get married. I think Melissa is very much in love and I hope for them all of the blessings and goodness a truly wonderful marriage can bring. If they are patient with each other, life can get better and better, although never without bumps along the way. Okay, enough. I want to show a picture of her in a wedding gown, but do not want to ruin any of her secret choices, so I am adding a picture of her in a dress that I really liked, but she did not. After all, it is my blog, right?




New subject....
I also want to add a picture of the incredible fog we got up to last weekend. Talk about the veritable 'pea soup'. I snapped a picture and here it is. Pretty haunting, eh?


No comments: