Wednesday, August 27, 2008

On the hook


Well, it has been a few days since I posted. I kept wanting to do a post, but somehow couldn't motivate or think of anything fun to post about. Now, I realize that there are tons of things to talk about, but for some reason, I just wasn't into it. But today, I just felt sorry for you all and thought I better get something on there or you all might stop reading it. Notice the eastern Ohio, W.Virginia "you all". That's a whole other post. I used to hear "you'uns" when I was very small. When I came back to Ohio and reconnected with my aunts, I heard it again and it about brought tears to my eyes. Anyhow, that is not what I am posting about. I am working diligently on a crochet project that I thought I would share. I am making a shoulder bag/tote and it's really pretty cool. I have actually started it twice, because I started the first time in totally varigated yarn. Well, as I crocheted away on the bag, I realized that the pattern got really lost in the varigation of the yarn. I had already crocheted the bottom/base of the bag and the strap in the varigated. I decided to tear out what I had done of the bag, but not the base and strap. Then I would use a complimenting color to do the bag and fit in some of the varigated to pull it all together. I have enough of it done now, that I can see that it will probably be okay. I am so glad that I changed it though, because the pattern would hardly be visible in the varigated yarn. So here it is. At the top of the page is the picture from the pattern showing how it will look when it is done and my pictures of the one I am doing are right here below.

No comments: