Saturday, August 9, 2008

New cushions for the shower (..I mean chair)

We so enjoyed the shower given by Chad's aunts, sister, mom and friend and now we are on to the one that Carrie will be giving at my house. I actually am giving it too, but that darn etiquette stuff gets in the way. I really take life much too seriously sometimes. Anyhow, this blog is not about the shower, except indirectly. I am about to start something that I have never done before in my sewing, crafting experience. I received a beautiful rocker from the kids for mothers day several years ago and it has been in my den ever since. The denim-esque cushions were perfect for that room. However, it has now been moved into the living room to accommodate more people and the treadmill is in the den in its place. Obviously, the denim cushions no longer match the rest of my living room, so I want to make new ones (before the shower). I will be happier with it in the living room and it will look nice for the shower. So I wanted to share the fabric with you. I got the fabric at Joanns and got 40% off with a coupon. May I just stop and say how much I love Joanns and their coupons. Okay, on with my story. I plan to make totally new cushions because I want to keep the old ones, in case I move the chair back into the den someday. I figure if I just take my time, read some articles, how hard can it be? I don't have to reupholster, just make cushions. The back cushion that is on the chair now, is a little more complicated, so I may not copy it exactly. Anyhow, wish me luck..... Here is the fabric and the chair.

No comments: