Sunday, August 10, 2008

Momma Mia, Momma Mia


We went to a movie last night. I have been wanting to see Momma Mia and I was not disappointed. I absolutely loved it. It had everything I love in a movie, singing, dancing, a Greek island, a wedding, comedy, romance - it was wonderful. Now, I realize that it has gotten mixed reviews, but I have never quite been in step with the reviews anyhow. I don't go to the movies to be scared, be enlightened, to get deep in thought, to make a political statement. I go to the movies to laugh and enjoy. I am all about the chick flicks. When I went to Momma Mia, I didn't realize that it was a musical and how delighted I was when I discovered it was. My favorite numbers were the pier dances. Loved them!!!!


Those of you who sang into a hairbrush or a bottle of hair spray when you were young will absolutely love it. Today's children have actual microphones, and more power to them; but I will always remember singing in front of the mirror with my hair brush. Ahhhhh. the days of youth. I miss them.

No comments: