Sunday, April 27, 2008

Life is Good!





It is a beautiful day outside, the lilacs are blooming and my Ty is on tonight. Life is good! I think most everyone is aware of how much I love my Ty (Pennington) and his show. The last few weeks, he has either not been on or had a re-run. Tonight, however, is a new show and I can hardly wait. I have been excited for a week. We are cooking out which just tops off the day.


And, oh my gosh, I just found a much quicker way to get pictures onto my blog. I have been downloading my pictures to the computer and then uploading them into my blog. Well, I have discovered that I can just upload them directly to my blog from my camera. Oh you all should feel very lucky, because I am certainly more inclined to post more pictures to my blog. Of course, I also understand if you don't share my enthusiasm to the extent that I would hope.


Other news is that I am finally reading The Life of PI. I kept putting it off, in spite of the wonderful reviews that I heard and read about it. It just didn't seem interesting when reading the description on the book. It's about a tiger and a boy in a life boat. However, I am 32 pages into it and althought the first few were a bit rough, it's coming together and keeping my interest. I will keep you posted. Pi is the boy in the book and his family owns, or at least manages a zoo. The story is to be speak to human understanding and acceptance of the presence or lack of spirituality (God), as I understand so far.


One more thing to report. I am working on my crochet teddy bear and although, it has been a little on the difficult side, I am continuing to make progress. I am not ready to show a picture yet, but maybe soon.
Ooops, I lied. One more thing to report. I just wanted to put in a plug for Habitat for Humanity. Leon spent his first day working on a house yesterday and I think he really enjoyed it. They are rehabbing an existing home and he came home sore and fulfilled. Our church is working on starting a new home and he is planning to help with that. Pretty cool, eh? I liked ole Jimmy Carter.

No comments: