Monday, April 14, 2008

Indy and Abby

Down the slide at Childrens Museum: YAHOO!!!!!

We were finally able to get over to Indianapolis to see our pride and joy, Miss Abby; and Carrie and Matt, too. We had a great time, especially at the museum. Carrie has purchased memberships at the childrens museum in Indy for their family. They go regularly, so Abby is very familiar with the museum. She was so excited to show off the museum to her gramma and papaw. She showed us the Curious George display, the dinasaur display, the big slide, the carousel and the toddler playscape area. What a great museum!! Wish I could get one started for the Columbus children, but we have a wonderful museum called COSI. She took a ride on the carousel with papaw and went down the slide with gramma. She was so into showing us around, that at one point her little hands were gesturing like a game show model. It was hilarious!
Here is Abby at the dinasaur dig. Maybe she will grow up to be an archaeologist.!


They also had Dale Chihuly glassworks displays, which Leon and I are familiar with from visiting the Franklin Conservatory. For those who do not know of his work, he is a famous glass artist and his work is amazing. I have included a couple of shots of one part of the museum where you can lay on a revolving recliner-type thing and above you is a ceiling totally of his glassworks. It was one of my favorite parts. I loved it. I could have laid there all day. I am also including Abby and I and Carrie coming down the slide. Carrie is on the first rug. We left at the same time, but I couldn't get going, so she grabbed my foot as she passed and pshew there we went - me and Abby. So you can barely see me, which is just terrible, I know. It was fun!!


I decided to add this one even though it is on it side. I don't know how to fix it, but it is the four story glass sculpture in the middle of the museum - really, really cool.



1 comment:

Carrie said...

Ugh. I don't think there is a more unflattering picture of me. I look like I have rolls!!! I swear I do not look like that normally!

The rest looks great!