Monday, April 14, 2008

On to happier things...

It has been forever since I posted. Where did the time go? I just posted the memorial to my mother and now I want to post the fun things I have been up to.

Just one weekend ago, Melissa and I went to the famous bridal district in Cincinnati, with the intention of not coming home without a bridal gown. Drum roll, please..... we did succeed, after many many gowns and Lissy as tired and worn out as she could be. It was a bit touch and go for a while, but she was a trooper. The last one one she tried on, was the one she decided on. Now I cannot post a picture of this one, although I do have one, because since this is the one, it's a big ole secret. No one gets to see before the ceremony. My goodness, are the gowns gorgeous there! I almost wanted to try on a few myself. We only went to one store, which was the one that Lissy had heard about for reasonably priced gowns. They have 4000 gowns on the premises that you can try on. Everything was on sale. Of course, a wedding gown is never cheap, but we did see some more expensive ones. The big fashion thing in gowns these days is "ruching" (not sure about spelling). I absolutely loved it. It is incredibly flattering and you wouldn't necessary think it would be. Very very cool. Lissy liked it too, but her gown does not have it.

Another wedding note. I am doing the centerpieces for the reception and I have decided on what I am going to do. Further, I have someone to set them up for me before the reception begins. The facility wants $10 per table to set them up. I am paying a single mom who can use the money and paying a whole lot less then $10 per table. Again, I don't want to ruin the surprise, so no hints or pictures.

No comments: