Saturday, June 21, 2008

A day off with friends and quilts.




Oh my gosh, so much to do and so little time. I barely have time to post and it's on to something else. But I slowed down on Thursday and Katie, Peggy and I went to the quilt show. What a great day and the quilts were absolutely gorgeous. The first wonderful thing was that I had the day off and got to sleep in. I am so NOT a morning person, so anytime I can sleep in and take my time getting going is wonderful for me. I was at Katies by 10:30 and then we had to do a photo shoot, as promised a couple of posts ago. Doesn't photo shoot sound professional? I'm not so sure ours was professional, but we had fun. So as promised, here are close-ups of Katies linen pillowcases as displayed in the last post.

Love this one!! the word that comes to mind is coquettish!!

Next, it was off to lunch before hitting the quilt show. We all decided pizza sounded good, so we went to the Italian place where Peggy goes. Pepperoni pizza and salad. I could live on it. Unfortunately I didn't think to get a picture, so you all will have to just imagine 3 women putting down a large pizza and large salad. We were quite talkative and I actually think that they enjoyed having us there, to keep the laughter quotient up. It was fun!

Next, on to the quilt show where we dropped Katie off (she just had surgery on her foot a few weeks ago and is still taking it easy) at the convention center downtown. Peggy and I decided to park on the street and one of us would run out in two hours to feed the meter. Believe it or not, we actually remembered to do it. Thanks Peg!

Now, we are in the lobby deciding where we go to get tickets; and Katie is head to head with some guy and talking sort of low, like she didn't want us to hear. Well, lo and behold, she scalped us tickets to the quilt show!!! Saved $6!! (okay, I did exaggerate a bit about the head to head and talking low, but had to give her a little bit of grief! Love ya, Katie)

The quilt show was neat and here are some pictures of some of our favorites. Or at least some of my favorites.

I just thought this one was neat looking!! Plus it is blue, and we all know how I feel about blue!

I liked this one because of the colors and the use of such a simple object to make it so beautiful.









This one was really cool, and what is neat is what you can't see in a picture. All kinds of little embellishments throughout the quilt. Shells, fish, little tanning oil bottles. I have a close up I will show you next. Here it comes!!




Okay, I tried to get their faces, but 'somebody' wouldn't cooperate. Got ya, anyhow! Surprise!!




You gotta love those crazy quilts. Got close-ups, but am saving for another post!

This was a mini quilt. I could actually try this one - at least the inside of it. Too cute!!!






Okay, I saved the best for last. This one absolutely enchanted Katie and Peggy. I think they might make me one for my birthday!?! Anyhow, the inside is filled with winter snow scenes that are embroidered in and I did get shots of them, but am saving them for another post. Maybe tomorrow!


Most exciting experience at the quilt show:
We found a similar vendor to the one where we bought our 'crystal setters' last year. The story is that both Katie and I bought these devices that were supposed to adhere little crystals to fabric to make cute bling-y tee shirts and jeans. The problem is that we both had issues getting it to work, so it was a bit of a waste of money. Well, Katie was intent on finding that vendor and finding out what was wrong with our setters. The vendor we found gave us a couple of tips to make it work better and although I have not tried mine yet, Katie has succeeded in making 2 teeshirts. You go, girl!!! Today I will try again and post a picture!

NEXT DAY (FRIDAY):
Yesterday afternoon, I got a call from Lissy that she was having some abdominal pain and was going to the doctor. Long story short - doctor thought it was appendicitis and sent her to the ER. They decided to do a CT scan and I arrived after work, just as they were taking her in. After waiting, a surgeon came in and said that the CT was inconclusive and that they wanted to keep her overnight just to be sure. They actually had the gall to take her pain medicine away so that they could assess the pain level. (just kidding about the 'gall' part). Anyhow, the pain had subsided and she was released this morning with no real diagnosis. A possible explanation was a burst cyst on her ovary, which would be painful and the pain would subside as her body absorbed the cyst fluid (kind of like a pimple or blister, I guess -- only worse). Anyhow, everything is fine and she is home again. Kind of 'sucky' Friday night for her and Chad! - But he was there for her!!

SAT.MORNING:

This morning Leon took me downtown to see where he worked and we had breakfast at Rise 'n'Dine in downtown Columbus. He works in a pretty plush law office and it is located in the arena district, which is really cool. Lots of neat landscaping and walkways. Now I can imagine him at work. The highlight of this job for him is that his area has windows. Pretty nice!

No comments: