Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day


It's Father's Day, the end of the day and we are winding down the day to tomorrow and another week at work. This is my thanks to the fathers in my life, my own father who loved me unconditionally and my husband, Leon who has loved and helped me raise my (our) children. Also, I want to thank the father of our granddaughter, Abby. Matt is a wonderful father to Abby and husband to Carrie.


We had a wonderful day with Melissa and Chad, starting with church and ending with a great meal together, burgers, potato salad, corn and ice cream. All four of the kids and Abby gave Leon a game for the Wii and we played them. What fun! Carrie, Matt and Abby called and are safe back at home from vacation. I missed talking to her, while she was gone.

Here is Leon playing the Wii. Aren't you supposed to stand up to box???



Yesterday, Leon worked a few hours at the Habitat for Humanity renovation, while I went to the grocery store and to the mall where I spent the rest of my gift card from the kids. Sometimes, just normal old Saturday errands are fun to do. So, I had planned a great meal, which I really only enjoy when I have the time and freedom to do it. So, my recipe came out of the Rachel Ray's cookbook that I got for Christmas. Now I am anxious to try more of them. It was literally a less than 30 minute meal. It was called, drum roll, please, "Chicken and Grapes with Creamy Mustard Sauce and Couscous". It was fun to do and it really was awfully good, if I do say so myself.

Starting with the recipe and red grapes.....



Browning the chicken......




Making the sauce.....



The final result with couscous, plated for Leon.




I also need to explain that I have been 'forced' to give up on Abby's sweater. It seems that somewhere along my travels, I lost part of it. Now I certainly could have re-knitted the sleeves, which were what I lost, but I decided that I would rather start all over on something different. So I have started a new sweater for her and it is in a beautiful mint green. Here is the start of what is on the needles. I think this sweater will work much better for her and I like the pattern, the color and the yarn itself better. Much happier than with the last one.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Sounds like a good weekend! So you lost part of Abby's sweater?!?! I do like the green though...