Thursday, June 12, 2008

Katy-did is in the pink



Well, it has been a few days since I posted, and I have a couple of pictures to show, so here I go. First of all, I rode to the porch party with Diana and Katie, having left my car at Katie's house. Upon our return, I went in to see how she displays her special embroidered linens. Everything that Katie does is just so neat. She has such a flair for displaying the things that she loves. When you walk into Katie's home, you know her, and what is important to her. Now, before I show you the pictures, you must know that Katie loves pink!!!!. Her beautiful linen pieces are displayed in her bedroom. I wish I had gotten close-ups of the pieces, but I'll be back, girlfriend!



I actually have two pieces that I want to display - one is the pillowcase shown in an earlier post and also a dresser scarf, both embroidered by my mother. I will be sure and get a picture when I get this done. I will either have to wait on Leon to make me the rack or figure out how to do it myself. This will be interesting to see how we proceed. My color is blue, so that will be my focus.

Next picture is of a plant that hangs in our bathroom. Several times a year it blooms and the flowers are absolutely stunning. The absolutely neatest thing is that the blooms consist of little tiny flower-ettes and they form an abolutely perfect little ball. I am amazed everytime it blooms. I don't know if you can truly see it in the picture, but I tried to capture the roundness of the bloom. For obvious reasons, these pictures are dedicated to my friend, Katie. I never dedicated pictures before, but hey it's my blog, so I can do what I want.

No comments: