Monday, July 13, 2009

Easy Sunday


Well, it is Monday and I have a couple of days off. No particular plans, which is the beauty of it, because I can just do as I want when I want. Having worked for many years, it is nice to just enjoy a day without the pressures or stress. Sometimes even then, I struggle to slow down and ignore the clock. But more on that later.

I wanted to share a couple of dishes that I made yesterday. I had a spinach salad in a restaurant recently, that was absolutely wonderful, so I decided to attempt to replicate it yesterday for a light meal and I paired it with homemade 'naan', the traditional indian bread. UMMM Ummm Good!!!!

It turned out so well that I thought I would share the recipe (made up by me, after having had one). So I don't have measurements, but just made it to our taste.

Combine in salad bowl and then toss.
Fresh Spinach
Feta Cheese, crumbled
Fresh Mushrooms, sliced
Bacon, crumbled
Balsamic Vinegrette, drizzled over the top




Could it be much easier than that? (and healthy, too)!!

Then I made Naan, which I absolutely love. Recipe can be found here.



After we ate, I went out to the garden to pick green beans. Leon's garden is beginning to bear "fruit" due to his hard work! He really does enjoy his garden and I am sure that when we retire, gardening will keep him busy all summer. So the vines were bursting with green beans and the harvest was very satisfying. I snapped them all before I went to bed, but won't be be cooking them until tonight.

No comments: