Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The art of mowing a lawn (or cutting the grass)




A freshly mowed lawn is one of the nicest things about summer. My dad owned a lawn mowing business and I have smelled a lot of freshly cut grass and there is no smell quite like it. It is such a summer smell and just totally takes me back to lying in the grass as a child, looking up at the clouds, running through the sprinkler, playing kickball and all the great summer things that children do in the yard and on the grass. It smells fresh and clean and wholesome. It is a smell of nature.

Another thing I like about a freshly mowed yard are the lines that the lawn mower makes. It just sets off the freshly manicured look of it. If you are really creative, you can actually do a design on the lawn or just alter the direction of the lines. Extremely manicured landscaping is not really my thing, but a newly mown lawn is a whole different matter.

And how cool looking is the sun shining on a newly mowed lawn? It just looks like a carpet.

The "art" in these pictures was created by my Leon.



1 comment:

Carrie said...

I"m with you on the freshly mowed lawn thing. Maybe I got it from you. I like your new blog background!