Sunday, January 25, 2009

Doll clothes for Abby


I have found a way to make a dent in my fabric stash and please a very special little girl, all at the same time. Remember the doll clothes we used to play with when we were little. Well, I am planning to make some. Actually I have already made two things, but am unsure about the size. I measured the dolls, when I was at Carries last time, but am making my own patterns so, the measurements that I got are so irrelevant that I really need to back off until I see the dolls again. But, I am excited and am carefully following instructions from the 'new mother' that Abby has to be able to put them on and take them off by herself. (which means velcro and elastic). I am enjoying thinking of ideas and deciding which fabrics Abby would like. So far, I have made a pair of jeans and a pajama sac. I am going to wait to make any more until I test these on the baby (oh, her name is Annie). I think it will be fun for her to dress her doll while Carrie is dressing the new baby. I may add pictures of my creations later today, but here is what Annie looks like.

No comments: