Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bathroom Bond Time





Sounds like a scary title, huh? Actually I have a really cute story to share. I was laying in bed this morning waiting to get up and get ready for work. Leon was already up and in the shower and I am literally never awake when he is getting ready. But for some reason, I was awake this morning. Those of you who have cats know that they start moving around when we do in the morning, which includes walking over our lumps in the bed, breathing in our faces, walking from the bed onto the bedside tables and generally being a pain in the you-know-what. So I am laying there, with my eyes still closed, but I can feel them doing the morning routine.

I heard Max jump off the bed and head into the bathroom. Our bathroom door closes, but does not latch, (I really do need to see about getting that fixed). So he knows that he can just lean into the door, it will open and he can get into the bathroom with Leon. All of a sudden, I heard Leon's voice saying "Hey buddy, where have you been. I'm almost done now." It was so sweet. Apparently every morning, while I am Zzzz-ing, Max and Leon are bonding. Max loves the heat of the bathroom, when someone is showering and sometimes he comes in with me, but he and Leon have a routine.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Nice story and picture- You'd never know that he is a devil cat.