Sunday, December 28, 2008

Wildlights at the zoo








I got the most wonderful Christmas present from my husband. I got a membership to the Columbus Zoo. We have talked about getting one for some time, but just never took the step to get one. Now with our family growing like crazy, a new baby and a new son-in-law (not in the same nuclear family, mind you), now we can take advantage of some of the wonderful things going on at the zoo, and take guests with us. We get free parking and are able to enter at a no waiting area. We went to "Wildlights" on Saturday night and it was absolutely spectacular. The lights are absolutely brilliant and are just absolutely everywhere. We weren't able to stay long, although we did wait in line on the street for over an hour, but I was able to get a few pictures. I am hoping to get back this week to get more pictures, but the last day is January 3, so we'll see if I really make it.

I am still learning to take night pictures. My camera has a night setting, but am unsure if the flash should be on or off. The pictures here do not do justice to the beauty of the lights.

I found the following pictures on Flickr, which are much better than mine.


No comments: