Wednesday, November 5, 2008

President Elect Barack Obama

picture from Flickr

How absolutely wonderful for Pres. Obama and for our country. I am personally pleased at the result of the election, on so many levels. I am happy for this gentle, steady man who has run such a clean and fair campaign and his lovely wife, Michelle and beautiful little girls.

I am happy for the African American people who have endured such a long road to dignity and recognition of their worth and contribution to this country.

I am happy for the entire country as we attempt to turn this country around under the leadership of this very able and talented new president.

I am happy for all the other groups of diversity that will benefit from this heightened sense of unity and 'liberty for all' - from blacks to women to ethnic groups to senior citizens to the poverty-stricken. All will be affected for the positive, perhaps just a little bit or maybe profoundly.

I feel hopeful about our environment, our economy, our global relationships, our children's future and our values as a country.

No comments: