Thursday, April 21, 2011

The best of spring and the worst of spring





We were about to have some rain and thunderstorm activity, so I headed outside to get some pictures of our flowering tree before all of the blossoms were blown off. It happens every year; the tree blossoms so beautifully and then just as it becomes as full as it can be, a storm comes along and the blooms are blown away.Anyhow back to my story, I was out taking pictures of the tree and I happened to notice some sticks built up in the crotch of the tree. Lo and behold, it was a birds nest. Well, now I really had something to take pictures of. The only thing was that nothing was in the nest. No eggs, no birds, nothing. The tree itself is not very tall; and if you know me at all, you know that neither am I. However, I was able to see into the nest and in fact take pictures. So I did not have a very good feeling about this empty nest.I walked around and took pictures and headed back into the house. On my way back in, I discovered the reason for my bad feeling. The nest was really too low and was just in a dangerous place to raise little birds. It would have been fun to watch, but as you can see that was not to be.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I've never heard it called the crotch of a tree. [giggle]

Anonymous said...

in the old days, we called it a crotch Lissy! but then we did a lot of silly things in the old days!

aunt sandi said...

i can't understand why, when i enter my name, it still comes out anonymous!