Monday, April 11, 2011

More Little Dresses - for Africa




I had a friend send me a link to a wonderful site recently. This site is for a charity that makes little dresses for little girls out of pillowcases. The dresses are sent to Africa and given to little girls who may have never had a new dress. I hope to participate and make a few to send on. I share it with you so that you too can help, if you enjoy sewing or would like to learn. It is a very simple pattern and many sizes can be made from one pillowcase.

I love it when I can give to others in a way that gives me pleasure as well. I am looking forward to making and embellishing the dresses, knowing that little girls will look so cute in them. They are all little princesses and deserve to have pretty things.

Here is their web site - stop in and see if this might be something that you would like to participate in.
http://www.littledressesforafrica.org/blog/



No comments: