Monday, February 14, 2011

Friday night at Schmidts

We have had a very busy weekend, all revolving around the baby shower that Carrie gave for Lissy. We had such a good time and the activities extended way beyond the shower itself. One big joy is that our niece flew in from Jacksonville, Florida with our little great nephew for the weekend. Carrie and her family were here all weekend and many family members drove in for the day on Saturday. I have so many pictures to share that I am going to take several days and share them a bit at a time, one activity at a time.

On Friday night, we all went to Schmidts for dinner. Miranda did a year of study in Germany and so we thought this an apropos welcome for her. If you live in Columbus, you probably already know about Schmidts, but if not, it is a wildly popular family friendly German restaurant located in our German Village section of town. Anyhow, we all managed to get parking (which is a feat in itself) and on to the Schmidts buffet we went.

The buffet is full of German specialties, like sausages, sauerkraut and many other yummy things. Their famed speciality, Bahama Mama sausage is to die for. Another famed specialty is the Schmidts creme puff, which I was totally going to get, but just plain got too full.

Anyhow here are a few pictures to give you a feel for the fun that we had. I should have gotten a picture of the buffet, but I am only so brave, when it comes to taking pictures in public. Weird, I know, and I have no problem taking pictures of the family in public, but taking a picture of the buffet seemed crazy. I guess that is something that I need to work on.








No comments: