Friday, February 25, 2011

10 things

HAPPY

I am always looking for things to blog about and I came across this list and thought it might make for some good material to write about.
  • 10 things that make me happy are...
  • 10 things that I value about life are...
  • 10 things that I would love to have for my birthday are...
  • 10 things that I believe in are...
  • 10 lessons that I have learned so far in my life are...
  • 10 things that make me laugh...
  • 10 things that make me cry are...
  • 10 ways that I can help someone else are...
  • 10 accomplishments that I have done are...
  • 10 places that I would like to visit are...
  • 10 memories from the past 12 months are...
  • 10 people that I would love to meet are...
  • 10 things that I would like to carry with me at all times are...
  • 10 expectations that I have of myself are...
  • 10 things that I do well are...
  • 10 things that I can improve on are...
  • 10 things that I love about my family are...
  • 10 beautiful things outside are...
  • 10 things that I hope happen within the next year are...
  • 10 good books that I have read are...
  • 10 popular movie stars are...
  • 10 popular music groups/artists are...
  • 10 fun things to do are...
  • 10 great daydreams are...
  • 10 special people in my life are...
  • 10 responsibilities that I have are...
  • 10 things that I would like to do this summer are...
  • 10 great movies are...
  • 10 skills that I have are...

I am going to start out with number 1, because isn't being happy our ultimate goal in life? Upon reflection I guess that not everyone strives to be happy. Some people strive for money, status, fame, objects and other material things. I guess maybe I think happiness is about little things and I also think that if you seek happiness first, you can attain the other things in your life that you want easier and with much less stress.

10 things that make me happy:
1.) smiles from my grandchildren
2.) a walk in the snow in the evening
3.) my family
4.) sunshine on a spring day
5.) creating things, crafts, sewing
6.) reading
7.) chocolate
8.) trees - I love trees
9.) shopping
10.) a day off work

So my challenge to anyone who reads this is to consider what makes you happy, and then pick out one of the other choices and try it for yourself. I think I will try '10 things that make me laugh' next.

No comments: