Monday, June 15, 2009

Yee Haw - New Shoes



I haven't gotten a new pair of shoes in several years. I needed some work shoes/sandals that were comfortable, casual (as in business casual) and of course, cool looking. Now dress codes have loosened significantly in the last few years. We can wear capri's and sandals anytime and jeans on Friday. We can wear jeans every day if we pay for it (benefitting charity). I am all about charity, but I have other pants I can wear four days a week and enjoy jeans more on Friday.

I can remember (and this will certainly date me) when socks (preferably hose) were required, even if you were wearing long pants. Never any jeans, no cleavage, and a host of other rules. But honey, you should see these girls today. I love the casual atmosphere and would hate to go back to business attire, but these girls absolutely push it past all common sense. I swear you would not believe some of the girls walking around our building at work. I sound like an old lady don't I?

Anyhow, I found the greatest shoes. They are made by Skecher and they have tennis shoe bottoms. They have been around for several years and I am sure you have seen similar ones, but I just loved these. I had to buy them because I had a really crummy day at work, so my therapy was going shopping. Leon is playing golf, so I came home, fed the cats, emptied the dishwasher and took off again. It was great. I just strolled around and finally found these shoes. I love them and they really feel pretty much like tennis shoes.

Now we'll see if they can last all day tomorrow (you know how the first day with new shoes is!).

No comments: