Sunday, June 28, 2009

The quilt show


My friend Katie and I went to the quilt show again this year. It is an annual tradition that we have created and we had a great time once again. Unfortunately we missed our third wheel, Peggy; but I am sure she will be back with us next year. We usually go on Thursday of the quilt show, but I was unable to get the day off, so we ended up going on Saturday instead. We were afraid it would be really busy, but it wasn't too bad. We got a parking place right in front of the convention center. I did have to run out and feed the meter a couple of times, but the space was so awesome that it was well worth it and I certainly didn't have to go far.

I am always so blown away by the beauty of the quilts and the variety of styles, from traditional to picture quilts, to art quilts to mini quilts and on and on. The focus this year was quilts with red work on them. Basically it is just red embroidery on a red focused quilt. They are pretty awesome. Unfortunately I left my camera in the car and didn't get it until I went back to feed the meter, so my pictures are limited. I didn't get any of the redwork quilts, but do have a few others to share with you. Aren't they amazing!?!?

I must include a winter quilt every year. They are one of my favorites.

Another favorite quilt will be on my blog tomorrow. It is one that has lots of parts that I took separate pictures off. See you tomorrow!!!

No comments: