Saturday, May 24, 2008

Saturday - Memorial Day Weekend




Need I say more!?!?






What a great day I had, just a putterin' around. I spent some time outside this morning and took quite a few pictures, which I will share with you here. On my way home from an errand, I took notice of the beautiful clouds, so as soon as I got home, out came the camera and one picture was just not enough. Our geraniums are looking great, but it's early and they will be overflowing their container in a month or so. I always associate geraniums with July 4th, for some reason. But they are always beautiful all summer, even as early as Memorial Day. It seems that we can put flowers in a bit earlier in Central Ohio than in Northern Indiana. We didn't dare put them in before Memorial Day in N. I.












I also got pictures of my stone sculptures that I got from Leon over the past couple of years. We have a stone sculptor here in Columbus that does the neatest sculptures. It is so neat to be able to take pictures of my favorite things and have a place to post them and talk about them. The man with the bird on his head is Leon's (from me)



Visiting a couple of other areas in our yard. The geranium on top (the actual botanical name escapes me, but it is a variety of geranium) was a special gift from my friends at work, when we first moved into our newly built home. It was in a regular sized pot when I bought it with the gift card they gave me, but boy has it grown. I really love it too. Such great friends, I hope they all visit my blog and see it. The peonies are just ready to pop in the picture just above. I will keep you posted. Nothing is as beautiful as a peony!

No comments: