Thursday, May 22, 2008

My favorite 'blogs'

I happened onto blogging in November when I was searching for a gingerbread house recipe and ideas. I googled gingerbread houses and of course there were many great sites to look at. Amazingly one of them was the blog of a designer who had a virtual gingerbread house on her site. It was the best site and I still visit it at least every few days. I absolutely loved her comments and pictures and it really was the first exposure that I had to blogs. The really neat thing about her blog and most all of the other blogs that I visit regularly are the links to other blogs. Boy, was I off and running!! I have about 30 blogs on my favorites list and I could literally surf blogs for hours and hours. I absolutely love it! I want to share a few of my favorites with those of you are interested and hope to get you all hooked too. Most of the ones I read are craft oriented, although there are some others with different focus.

Allsorts is the first blog that I found (the gingerbread house lady).

My name is Heather is a great designer - I made the globes that she has on her site.

Posie gets cozy is one of my early favorites - I used to look at her blog every day.

The pancake chronicles is one of my recent discoveries. I like it because she lives in the Northwest Territory, very near the Arctic Circle and I am fascinated with that area. She talks about it alot.

Little cotton rabbits is a blog by the mother of an autistic child. She is a knitter and her animals are darling. She also talks about the challenges she and her son face.

Bipolar Lawyer Cook is a recently diagnosed bipolar working through her diagnosis on her blog. She is also a cook and an attorney. Quite interesting!

Wendi Aarons is a writer and quite a commedienne (sp) at times. In fact, her bio says that she writes comedy freelance. Lissy found this blog for me and it is pretty funny.

Cute little things is another designer. Per her bio, she is a textile designer for Pottery Barn kids - a cute little blog.



There are so many more and there are a ton of blog subjects I would like to explore. Check out a few of these and for those that have lists (which I may incorporate into mine) try branching off . You never know where you might end up. It is now a passion of mine - not sure if that is good or bad. It gives me pleasure and inspires me!

No comments: