Sunday, February 26, 2012

An American (wardrobe?)




My grandaughters got American Girl dolls for Christmas. They have been around for ever, and many little girls have played with them throughout the years. Although I didn't do the research, I think that they may have been around when I was a child, but don't quote me on that one.

Abby got Kit Kittridge shown above and Lily got Bitty Baby (now named Sophia), also shown above. I was excited too, because I figured I could make doll clothes for them because every American Girl needs a large wardrobe. I thought I could have several outfits done in a month or so. Well, it is nearly the beginning of March and I just finished the first one. Of course I also had a quilt to make for Miss Lily's third birthday. But the outfit turned out really cute and I am anxious now to do another one. Of course, I cannot give the outfit I finished until I have another one for the other doll. This one is for Kit and now on to Sophia.

Here is the pattern I used for Kit. I still need to get one for Sophia.


1 comment:

Carrie said...

It looks great! American Girl came out in the early 1980's I think, so they aren't as old as you thought. :)