Saturday, August 15, 2009

Take me out to the ball game




Take me out to the park.... Buy me some peanuts and crackerjacks..... great song!! ... Great American institution.... "Baseball, mom and apple pie"

We had an opportunity to go to a baseball game yesterday. We have been to a couple of games here in Columbus, since we have been here, but had not been to the brand new ball park that opened last year. Leon was lucky enough to win some tickets, that allowed us to watch the game from a box suite at the ball park. I had never been in a suite at the ball park and it was pretty nice. When I first heard that he won the tickets and that they were for the box suite, I thought it was cool, but wondered if I would miss being down with the people in the 'stands'. I thought that it might feel very strange and that the atmosphere would not seem true and original. However, it was actually pretty neat and I could watch the game without peering in between heads and being squished into a seat, shoulder to shoulder with a smelly beer guzzler or a teenage giggling bunch of girls, or any number of other annoying people that may be there. ( I hope I don't sound too prissy). Anyhow, the suite was very nice with a couch, table, counter with space for all manner of eatery (although we didn't have any) small bar with stools, and seats in front for viewing the game.

The new ball park is very nice and if you get a chance to go there, you should take the opportunity to do so. I forgot to take my camera, so I am showing some pictures I found on Flickr.

Oh, I almost forgot. Columbus got stomped, in fact, it was so bad that we left after the 6th inning (it was 4 to 14 when we left). Worse.... We played Indianapolis.

No comments: