Friday, August 21, 2009

New Floor, yahoo!!!

Getting ready to work:

Starting in the laundry room:



Our floor has been rapidly deteriorating for the past year or so. It was put into our home as the standard vinyl flooring, when our home was built 8 years ago. It was a very nice floor for a few years, but lately it has just been a pain. We couldn't get it clean or keep it clean. I guess the color and quality conspired against us, plus the little microscopic cuts just caused real problems.

Fast forward to a week ago. We have been watching for a sale on wood laminate to replace our vinyl and sure enough, we got some at The Andersons for $1 per square foot. So Leon started on Sunday and just finished with the final touches today.

IT IS PERTY!!!!

Thought I would share the transition with you

Here is the work force, a lot of work went into it:
And here is the finished floor

I love how the sunshine looks when it is shining on the wood.


It is beautiful. I love it!!!!

I think some cute little round rugs in front of the stove and sink would just look perfect.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

it looks awesome!!!!!!!

I'm so jealous!

Melissa said...

looks great. We have a dirt devil hard wood sweeper that we use. it's not really the greatest. Then we got a steamer as a gift -- it's GREAT! it's called the shark...
http://tinyurl.com/mp7q6l
It has an attachment to use for the carpet but I haven't used that yet. it's a cheap attachment, but I think it would work.

sandi stonebraker said...

woo hoo - it looks great! love that sunshine pattern!