Thursday, April 23, 2009

Painting for pineapples


We have begun a repaint of many of the rooms in our house. We have had white walls for years and Leon has asked that we get some color on them. I am in agreement finally. I have always liked white walls - they look clean, they match anything, they are bright - but they are also boring.
So I am on board to splash some color throughout our home.

This past weekend, we painted our kitchen. I got to pick the color and decided that I wanted to do the kitchen in pineapples. It is the "mostly" international symbol of hospitality; and there are some great decorating ideas and products out there just waiting for me to happen upon them. The color that we painted is sortof a goldish-yellow and is very pretty. I really like it a lot!! I am also making curtains, but am still deciding to what extent. So here is where you come in - here is my dilemma. The window over our sink has always just had a valance. I have made a new one to match my color scheme. What I am wondering is whether to do a 'bottom' curtain. My instinct is no for two reasons - the window is pretty small and pretty far up off the ground outside, so the 'naked' window opens up the outdoors more and we still have some privacy. Also the sink may prove to be a problem in keeping the curtain clean - there is a lot of splash over on the window, that needs to be cleaned regularly.

On the other hand, a 'bottom' curtain would add more color and interest to the sink area. Also, it might be possible to tie back the curtains with some cute little pineapple tie back thing. The bottom curtain would be out of the green/yellow print. In case it is not clear, there is a fair amount of the gold color in the printed fabric.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I think either do a long curtain OR a valance. I'm not sure I'd do both a valance and bottom curtain. Just one opinion... or you could just leave it completely uncovered like ours! haha.

Anonymous said...

if i could look out the window while i was doing dishes, i would NEVER cover it up - but you know me - as few curtains as possible - your color is so intense and beautiful it can carry the empty window. okay - enough from me. . . . love your sis