Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Columbus Zoo


I was reading the Sunday paper this morning and happened to read an article about how the Columbus Zoo is the #1 zoo in the nation. I tried to find the same article on the newspaper web site, but apparently it was not an article that got to both venues. I was hoping to link you up with the article. Anyhow, It just so happens that I got a Columbus Zoo membership for Christmas and am very proud to be a member. We have only been to the zoo once since Christmas, due to the weather, but plan to get there several times this spring, summer and fall. I think the weather should start shaping up pretty soon. I did find a link to a description and write up of the zoo. It says that it is a renowned zoo, but didn't give the #1 designation.

And of course, there is dear Jack Hanna. What a character! Such energy and personality. He is such fun to listen too. I caught him on the radio one morning plugging the wildlights display during the holidays and I was laughing out loud by the time I got to work. He is a very big part of our zoo and I am proud of that as well. He is a wonderful representative for our very wonderful zoo. I got some pictures from Flickr to share. Thanks to the wonderful photographers.

1 comment:

Kim Haring said...

Your blog is always a delight! I could take lessons from you and still not keep up. How do you find time? How is the new grand daughter? Hope you and Leon are well. Just wanted to say hello. xxo Kim