Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ash Wednesday


Leon and I went to our church's Ash Wednesday service last night. I have not really observed Ash Wednesday in the past. I was certainly aware of it and it was a part of our church calendar, but aside from that I didn't really pay too much attention.

I understand the discipline intended when you give something up; but always struggled a bit with what that had to do with spirituality.

I was very inspired by the service at our church last night and have committed to attempt to use these 40 days of lent to examine my spirituality and how it fits into my life. Our pastor gave such a wonderful message; communion and the ashes were meaningful; and the symbolism and tradition was comforting. I am so glad I went!!!

1 comment:

Kim Haring said...

Bravo! May this time be a special blessing in your life!