Thursday, January 24, 2013



Along about January, after the hustle bustle is over, when the Christmas decorations are put away and the snow is gently falling outside my window, I get a hankering to settle into a hibernation of sorts. I may cook a pot of chili, or grab my camera and get a shot of the snow piling up, or watch an old movie and crochet.  But another thing that I enjoy, only during this time of year,  is putting together a jigsaw puzzle.  I have fond memories of my sister and I spending hours over the card table that we set up in the living room, searching for the piece that goes here or there.    We may have had soup bubbling on the stove, or music playing on the stereo (at that time, it was 33 rpm  albums).   We were often in our jammies, and swearing that there is a missing piece in this particular puzzle.  So it is with a warm feeling in my heart, that every January I get a new puzzle and spread it out on the card table and work on it.   It usually takes me about a week, give or take, depending upon how intent I am.  It is a wonderful way to pass the evenings and brings back special memories.   And by the way, there was never a piece missing.  I love you, Sandi!
 
Enjoy your January! 

Here is the finished product and you will notice that Max is eyeing those birds on that clothesline.  He would like to get to know them a little bit better :) 

 

2 comments:

Kim Haring said...

Love the puzzle you chose. Very fitting for the memories you shared of doing puzzles with your sister. Always enjoy your posts! <3

stoneys gifts said...

what a fun walk down memory lane you just gave me! We did have fun with our puzzles didn't we - it's one of the happier memories i have of that period in 'our history'

love you too Faye but are you sure there wasn't a piece missing?