Thursday, November 26, 2009

Silent Night, Holy Night



Well, Sorry about the no-show for the past several weeks. To coin a phrase, I lost a bit of my mo-jo and have been feeling a bit under the weather physically and emotionally. I won't get into all of that, but I do have something that I wanted to share. The Christmas season is upon us and as the decorations come out, It is always fun to get new things. We pull out the same old decorations every year, and I really do love them. We did obtain decorations that would become part of our tradition, but it is always nice to have something new to add to the collection. I recently helped out at the Gift Fest at our church and there were probably fifty-ish raffle gifts that were donated by the vendors. Of course, I had to purchase tickets to benefit our child care center and guess what!!!!! I won.

Not only did I win, but I won the very thing that I wanted the most. There was a lady that made miniature nativity sets and I love all things miniature. I so wanted one, so when I won it in the raffle, I was super excited.

Now the next problem.....these teeny little figures are perfect to set on a table or shelf. I wanted to put it on the coffee table, but I have a cat. I just knew that Max would be batting those poor little sheep around the living room floor in no time. So I wracked my brain for a way to display them and came up with this little idea. I think its pretty cute and now I can put it on the coffee table without fear of them disappearing.

It is hand sculpted using low fire clay and painted with underglaze colors, glazed and fired in kiln.

No comments: